At Abay Neuroscience Center, we take the health and safety of our patients, providers, and our employees as a top priority. As a healthcare provider, we have an obligation to our patients, providers, staff and community. The CDC and KDHE regulations on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) are changing daily. Review their regulations here: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Kansas Department of Health and Environment. We will continue to change our practice and processes so we can remain in compliance with the regulations of those agencies.
Please review the steps we are taking in the ever-changing situation. In order to provide the safest possible environment for our patients, staff and physicians, we are asking for your understanding and cooperation.
How will this affect you as a patient?
- Patients are allowed one friend or family member to accompany them;
- Children 12 years and under are prohibited from entering the clinic;
- Medical personnel will be posted at the clinic entrance to conduct screening of the patient and accompanying individual;
- Following screening, all patients and accompanying friend/family member will wait in their car until being notified by call or text when an exam room is ready;
- Rescheduling of any non-essential clinic appointments or a phone call with an advanced practicing provider instead of an office visit may be offered.
Also, please call the office to reschedule your appointment if you are:
- Experiencing fever, body aches, dry cough or shortness of breath;
- If you have traveled on a cruise ship on or after March 15, 2020;
- If you have traveled to a state with known widespread community transmission (currently California, Florida, New York and Washington state) on or after March 15, 2020;
- If you have traveled internationally on or after March 15, 2020;
- If you have visited Eagle, Summit, Pitkin or Gunnison counties in Colorado;
- If you have visited New Jersey or Illinois on or after March 23, 2020.
How will this affect our practice?
- We will continue to practice during our regular office hours.
- We will be practicing social distancing.
- We will have part of our staff working remotely.
- We will have hand sanitizer and hand soap available in multiple locations, including in each patient room.
- We will be lowering the amount of patients and visitors who come into our facility, which means we will contacting non-critical patients to reschedule; a phone call from an advanced practicing provider is available.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time.
Physicians and Staff at Abay Neuroscience Center